Fave Fall Makeup Tips by Guest Contributor Lauren Ashley
Oh my, we took an August summer hiatus from blogging, but we're back in full swing. And what better way to do so than with Guest Contributor Lauren Ashley sharing with us her favorite makeup for this fall!
As a cosmetologist, I'm always searching for the next best thing! Here are my favorites for this season!
1. It's the season of contouring! One of my favorite makeup tricks to make any shaped face have cheek bones like Angelina Jolie took me years to find. A lot of people still don't know about this secret gem but it's Shimmering Skin Protecter, Pressed by Becca.
You are going to need the three powder formed compacts to create the PERFECT contoured cheekbone. Topaz, Rose Gold, and Moonstone. Take your powder contour brush and dip it in the topaz first 3 times, shake off excess powder then stroke it in on your cheekbone coming from your ear downward to the cheek. You are going to move up and down the cheekbone with a sweeping motion until you see your cheekbone darken. If it's not the shade you desire, repeat this step again to make it darker.
To add a beautiful fall-like hue to your cheeks right on top but a tiny bit higher up on the cheekbone, you are going to do the same as you did before but this time with the Rose Gold. Lastly, right above the cheekbone and under your eye use the Moonstone as your highlight. The three colors together make the perfect look. When finished, you can take a smaller brush and contour your jawline, crease of nose, and outer edges of forehead. This look is so good it's to die for, have fun! Dermstore.com $38.00 (each)
2. For a very fun and in-trend lipstick this fall I would recommend the Mac Viva Glam Arianna Lipstick. It's a beautiful Plum shade with a nice matte finish which is so perfect for fall! It doesn't go on as dark as it looks like it would, but it still gives that edgy, darker fall look that I want. It is designed for all skin types. I'm a medium olive skin tone, and it looks perfect against my golden skin. Another bonus to this product is that every cent of selling price goes towards helping women, men, and children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS. This lipstick is extremely long lasting and will not easily wear off so you can wear it throughout the day with out having to re-apply much at all. You can find it on maccosmetics.com $17.00
3. Mascara is a girl's best friend these days! It seems to be the number 1 thing girls don't want to leave the house without, and it can make any look come together just by adding those lashes. We are living in an age where it seems like the fuller and longer lashes the better. I've tried them all and with a lot of searching I'd have to say my favorite right now is Benefit, They're Real! This breakthrough bestseller reveals lashes you never knew you had! The brush has staggered bristles that grab close to the root, boosting length and volume beyond belief. I found that it did not clump at all and it's only problem was that it was a little hard to get off, but comes off perfect with coconut oil. It's the #1 mascara out there right now. You can find it at Sephora, $23.00
4. Eyeshadow color! One of the most important things you can do to accentuate your eyes and make them pop! What other eye palette this fall could possibly come close to Naked Smoky eyeshadow palette? This five star product with 98% recommendation is a favorite of mine, and many others! This particular palette is perfect for the fall and holiday season, with its deeper, richer, smokier colors, it can carry you through New Years and even to next spring! From mattes and satins to shades with sparkle, Naked Smoky Palette has it all. Experiment with warm bronzes, dimensional grays, rich browns, gorgeous taupes and deep black. There are so many colors to choose from that it can truly be used everyday, or for a sexy going-out look. The palette comes with brushes and 4 easy looks that teach you how to do it yourself. This palette has revolutionized eyeshadow and is always on the top of my product list. You can find this at Ulta $54.00
5. A really important product for me, maybe the most important is a good facial powder. I have very oily skin and I need something that really works without giving me breakouts. The one that beats them all with no comparison is multiple award winning BareMinerals Matte Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15. This product has changed my life and since I've used it I've gotten compliments on my skin daily. Clinically proven to minimize the appearance of pores, the loose mineral foundation gives me the flawless coverage I want with a natural matte finish and no-makeup look and feel that lasts up to eight hours. The lightweight minerals absorb excess oil without drying out the skin.
Formulated without parabens, binders, fillers, or synthetic chemicals. It's so natural, you can't even feel that it's on your skin, especially the Matte foundation which is perfect this fall (matte itself is a very in look right now). My friend who is a makeup artist kept getting these terrible breakouts and she literally tried everything to get rid of them. Her dermatologist didn't even know what do to. She was about to give up until a friend recommended Bare Minerals. She confessed to me that it transformed her skin, it brought her confidence back. Many people seem to feel the same way, it received best foundation in Allure Magazine in 2015. This product, for me, is a MUST HAVE! Find at bareescentials.com $28.50
6. I saved the best for last! I WILL NOT leave the house without my brows done! My eyebrow shadow duo from Anastasia is my life saver! I use the taupe color which is a beautiful natural shade for my brows! To apply I use the angle makeup brush which is really nice for creating shape. People think my brows are so thick and full naturally. Creating the perfect brow is very important and can change your entire face. Anastasia is a game changer for brows and is a must for every girl! www.sephora.com $23.00
For more on Lauren, follow her!
Rendez-Vous With Olivia (Pinterest)
Windsor Avenue (Facebook)
All photos courtesy of Lauren. For usage, please first contact email@example.com