Olivia's Best Dressed List at the Golden Globes
Awards season is officially underway thanks to the Golden Globes. I love awards show season for one major reason (like many others): the red carpet fashion shows. I tend to focus on the best dressed and overlook the absurdities that we unfortunately see on celebrities, despite them having professional teams of fashion, makeup and hair stylists. Despite not too many standouts at this year's Golden Globes, a few ladies really stole the spotlight.
My top picks in order from favorite to very nice!
1. Jennifer Lopez was absolutely stunning in her gorgeous yellow Giambattista Valli Haute Couture gown. The 'cape' added drama to her look as she channeled "old Hollywood glamour meets 2016." Jennifer's makeup, clutch, shoes, and "to-die-for" Harry Winston diamonds completed the gorgeous winning look.
2. Jennifer Lawrence, Hollywood's darling, never fails to impress both on the big screen and the red carpet. Last night's red Dior dress was both elegant yet modern. JLaw looked flawless from head to toe. The Chopard statement diamond necklace took the look to another level. I'm certain the late Christian Dior is beaming with pride from fashion heaven.
3. Dame Helen Mirren has been amazing to watch over the years. As Jamie Feldman of the Huffpost Style wrote, "Helen Mirren's Golden Globes Dress is Sheer Elegance." The designing duo Badgley Mischka created a gorgeous black gown with a plunging neckline, but Helen Mirren takes it to another level with her poise. She exudes a kind of effortless elegance that we absolutely love at Windsor Avenue.
4. Zendaya was the epitome of feminine, flirty and chic in her burgundy Marchesa gown. She's definitely a young actress to watch in the style department.
5. Eva Longoria looked pretty in her white Georges Hobeika dress embellished with florals. Bows and flower details are a personal favorite so having both embellishments on this dress made me very happy. I want that dress! Keeping her jewelry simple was the ideal choice since the details on her dress are jewels in their own right.
I'm not a fan of the pant or jumpsuit look replacing the evening dress as we saw on Taylor Schilling and Judith Light. Call me old fashion, but evening gowns make us dream... they are glamorous. One of my favorite images from Sex and the City is during the serie's Paris finale when Carrie waits for her Russian artist lover in the hotel room dressed to the nines in a couture gown. Perhaps we'll see an over-the-top couture masterpiece at the next award's show. Until then, thank you to the above 5 ladies who truly looked like stars. And... I'll be dreaming of the day Windsor Avenue couture jewelry graces the red carpet too!